The Next-gen 3D Printer project aims to develop 3D SLS printing machines integrated with the manufacturing industry (industry 4.0).
To achieve the goal, a set of specific actions was outlined, namely:
● Development of 3D printing equipment, based on the SLS principle;
● Development of equipment with three times the printing area;
● Development of thermoplastic composite material reinforced with mineral residue to be used as raw material;
● Integration of equipment developed in the manufacturing industry, namely within the scope of industry 4.0.
The motivation for the development of this project was centered on the identification of external needs:
● Development of 3D printing machines, which replace traditional methods;
● Development of machines with superior printing area;
● Development of machines with clean production, production of sustainable materials, integration of machines in Industry 4.0.
Thus, the main lines of technological development and innovation, defined by the strategy of the company D2 Technology, are directed to the manufacturing industry, based on the development of 3D SLS printing machines, use of sustainable materials as raw material for the equipment and integration in industry 4.0.